Everyone loves having a nice clean home, and sadly this does require you to put in some serious effort from time to time. If you have a weekend free and want to really spruce up your home, then it’s probably time to deep clean your house. Before getting started, it is best to have a plan of action, and to decide which rooms you will tackle first and how.
Cleaning by room
The 3 biggest components of a deep clean in any home, will be the bedrooms, bathrooms and kitchen. Depending on the size of your home, there will, of course, be more to do; but by following the tips below, you should be prepared to tackle any challenges that come your way.
1. The sheer buildup of dust will probably be your biggest bedroom surprise, so be sure to move and flip everything.
2. Take your curtains down and wash them. Lightweight curtains can normally be washed in the same way as clothing, but check the labels first.
3. Flip your mattress, and fully wash all bedding.
4. Wipe all mirrors with glass cleaner.
5. Empty your wardrobes and drawers and throw away any unused or outsized clothes.
6. Wipe down all bedposts, headboards and footboards.
1. Remove all old or unused medications or soap bottles.
2. Remove shower cap and clean thoroughly with a toothbrush.
3. Use vinegar or baking soda to help remove tough soap scum around tiles and plugs. If necessary leave to soak.
4. Clean or replace the shower curtain, as well as cleaning all bath mats and towels.
5. Wipe down all surfaces, including cabinets and drawers, and allow to dry before replacing accessories.
6. Use a strong toilet cleaner and allow it to soak before washing away.
1. Completely empty the fridge before cleaning, and remove as many shelves as possible to wash them in warm soapy water.
2. Get a good quality oven cleaner and allow to soak for a while whilst you clean other appliances.
3. Empty all cupboard and shelves before wiping down. Before replacing cutlery and condiments, consider throwing away any old products or things you don’t use.
4. Tip up your toaster to remove any crumbs before cleaning.
5. Remove the tray from your microwave and clean with warm soapy water.
Top tips to help you deep clean your house
No matter what part of the house you are deep cleaning, there are some added tips and trick you can use to help speed up the task.
– First, remove as many big pieces of furniture as possible.
– Start from the top of the room and work your way down.
– If you haven’t used something in a room for 6 months, then consider throwing it away (this saves future cleaning).
– Use rubber gloves to get rid of tricky pet hair.
– Change faulty appliances as you find them.
– Open all windows and let a fresh breeze roll through each room.
– Before tackling a room, remove any pets and children that aren’t helping you deep clean your house.
Getting the job done right
After reading this, there’s a good chance you are dreading the task at hand and wish you had someone to help you. Well, if that’s the case then it’s likely that us, here at Eazi-Clean, are well suited for the job. We service and maintain a number of homes all over Birmingham and Solihull, and our team of cleaning professionals is well versed in knowing how to deep clean your house. If you would prefer to spend your weekends relaxing in front of the TV, rather than scrubbing your kitchen appliances, then get in contact today to find out more about our deep cleaning service.